This Christmas season, Björgvin’s Christmas Guests will take place live in your living room, direct from The Reykjavík City Theater (Borgarleikhúsið) on December 19th at 8:00 PM GMT.
For 13 years this annual Christmas celebration has brought together Iceland’s best singers, musicians, choirs, and more to create a unique musical spectacular bursting with Christmas spirit.
Often referred to as “Iceland’s Elvis”, Björgvin Halldórsson invites an incredible array of guests to bring the joy of Icelandic Christmas straight to your living room. The broadcast will be available globally, meaning you can watch the show from any country in the world!
Also performing are: previous winners of Iceland’s ‘Christmas Star’ competition for young singers, and the winning song from the ‘Christmas Song Contest’ hosted by RÁS2: ‘Á grænni grein’ by Grétar Örvarsson. They will be supported by the Jólagestir Big Band (conducted by Þórir Baldursson), strings (conducted by Geirþrúður Ása Guðjónsdóttir), Reykjavík Gospel Company Choir (conducted by Óskar Einarsson), Fóstbræður Male Choir (conducted by Árni Harðarsson), Káranesskóli Children’s Choir (conducted by Álfheiður Björgvinsdóttir), and dancers from Dansskóli Sigurðar Hákonarssonar.
Ticket price is 4300 ISK (about 32 USD or 22 EUR)
The only ticket that works outside of Iceland is the streaming option. You will be directed to our ticketing partner Tix, where you will follow these steps:
1. Click “Jólagestir Björgvins 2020 – Streymi”
2. Choose how many tickets you need (you only need one ticket for each screen) and click “Find Tickets”
3. Complete the purchase journey
4. Click “Get tickets” immediately or if you want to do this later check your e-mail inbox for your ticket confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org (if it does not arrive please check your spam folder) and click “Get tickets” and then “Get tickets” again on the website that opens.
5. Your code is in line three on your ticket.
6. Go to www.jolagestir.is/streymi
7. Click “Innleysa kóða” (Redeem Code)
8. Enter your code in the dialog box. You’re done!
Click the link below to get started.
The stream will be available from Sunday December 20th at 12:00 noon GMT for 48 hours in case the original broadcast time does not suit you.
After that the stream will not be available.
If you activated the code already but changed your mind and want to watch it somewhere else, go to the device where your screen is activated, press the button in the bottom right corner of the screen and click “Terminate Session”. Your code is now free to use elsewhere.
To watch on your TV, you can either activate the code in your browser on your smart TV, use a casting device such as Chromecast or Airplay, or connect your computer to your TV via HMDI cable.